Senior Project Designer
emersion is hiring a senior project designer. The ideal candidate will have the following attributes.
- Ethic of deeply understanding clients’ core values, strategic needs, and aspirations to design facilities that advance these drivers.
- Passion for design as a client service, a cultural endeavor, and a responsibility to society.
- Strong desire to incorporate high levels of sustainability and wellness into design considerations.
- Self-motivated leader with the ability to engage and advance the firm’s existing design ethos.
- Ability to work in integrative team settings that continuously exemplify and improve company culture.
- A collaborative leader and follower who values and recognizes the contribution of others.
- Ability and experience representing the firm during client interviews and presentations.
- Expertise facilitating small, medium, and large groups.
- Ability to make sound judgements that embody the firm and our clients.
- Humble, yet able to challenge the norm.
- Expertise, ability, and desire to understand trends and lead design projects for a range of client types.
- Ability to take a vast number of data points, some of which may be conflicting, and elevate them into bigger ideas and themes to provide a thoughtful and meaningful solution for our clients.
- Ability to communicate large amounts of information and complex ideas in a comprehensive, easy-to-understand way.
- Ability to convey design intent through hand sketches, diagrams, narratives, and renderings.
- Experience leading project teams and client groups through initial programming and the design process with a clear understanding of larger design implications.
- Experience understanding technical and cost implications while developing design concepts.
- Experience and capability to work within project budgets and schedules while producing meaningful and quality work.
- Travel is expected.
- Award-winning portfolio
- Sustainability Expertise – LEED, WELL, CPHC and/or Living Future
- Expertise in advancing government, learning, and science & technology clients through architectural design and research
- Advanced knowledge in Rhino, Revit, Enscape and Adobe Creative Suites
We have an immediate need for candidates to join our Structural Engineering staff. We are accepting applications and resumes from candidates with a range of experience, so feel free to contact us at the information below so we can learn more about you!
Co-Ops & Internships
Don't fit our immediate need, but know you are supposed to be here and be a part of a great team? Send us your resume and portfolio anyway. We are always looking for great talent as architects, interior designers, structural engineers, and co-ops with a passion for design.